Sunday, May 10, 2009

From a mother's heart...

To my little boy...
You won't be little forever, so I'll hold you in my arms while I can.
I'll snuggle with you while you still think Mommy is the greatest person alive.
I'll get as many sloppy kisses from you as I can while you still willingly give them.
I'll rejoice every time you grab my leg and beg me not to leave the room...I know it won't always be that way.

Someday, you'll want to hang out with your friends more than Mom. You'll be busy with school and sports and homework and all the things that encompass growing up. But know that I will be treasuring each moment in my heart. I'll keep track of these years as they roll too quickly by and hang little mementos and memories on the walls of my heart to remind me just how blessed I am.

Not that I really need to be reminded. Everytime I look in your big blue eyes I am bombarded with the fact that God blessed me with you out of the blue. In the midst of a season of mourning in my life, He gave me you! My little blonde haired, blue eyed miracle.

I will never forget what your first little kicks inside me felt like, or the joy I knew when the doctors told us we were having a boy! Your name was chosen with care and though I may speak it in frustration sometimes, please know that you are loved beyond measure. I would NEVER trade any "hard" day for a day without you...

you are my precious gift, my miracle kid, my reflection of God's grace. I pray that He will grow you into a strong man of God who is a witness of immeasurable proportion. I can't wait for the day I hear you say that Jesus lives in your heart...

Thanks for making me the most proud Mommy ever. I know that my name won't always be "Mommy" and that someday it will morph into just Mom... but somewhere in the corners of my heart will always be the echo of that tiny voice I now hear say "mama".

I treasure you, my son, and hope you know just how much my life has been changed because of you and how I wouldn't change it for the world.

0 comments: